Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm glad I live in Colorado :)

So I went on this retreat today where we went hiking around Evergreen. I'm definitely a person who loves being in nature and just being in the mountains. There is just something about smelling fresh air and realizing that God created everything that I'm seeing. I think that is why I have always loved hiking, backpacking, and sitting in the mountains. It's harder for me to do those things now but I realized today how much I miss them. I get excited when I get to be outside or know that I'm going to do something outdoorsy. Sometimes I just want to move to Leadville and buy a pink/purple house with a big porch and a big garden. I just think it would be fun to live in a small mountain town and experience everything that goes with it. Maybe sometime when I retire hopefully sooner than later :) Anyway, life is going pretty well right now and I like who I'm becoming. Who would have ever thought that I would end up in Littleton, CO going to Denver Seminary? It's funny the way God works but I'm thankful he works the way he does b/c I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but where I am right now!

2 comments:

Craig Blomberg said...

We're so glad you live here now too!

J. Byas said...

Did Craig Blomberg just comment you? Lucky dog. I emailed Richard Hess to see about a Ph.D. there...Come to find out, y'all don't have one. What's up with that? Have a chat with 'ole Craig and get that changed. Pronto.