Wednesday, September 30, 2009

will it be different?

Why do we continue to do the same thing over and over again when we know we will end up with the same outcome. Why do we continue to put ourselves in the same situations when we know we will end up with the same feelings in the end? I've been thinking about this a lot and why I continue to put myself in situations where I come out losing and thinking to myself "we're doing this again." But I think for the first time in my life I'm realizing that I don't have to continue in the same patterns. I have a choice and I don't have to do the same thing that I have always done. It may be painful to move on or do something different but in the end isn't it better? Don't I want to end up with a different ending? Don't I want life and joy and freedom? Why do we think we don't deserve much or that we don't deserve better? Don't we deserve to be treated well and to be respected. I want that for my life and I want to believe that something can have a different, better outcome.

1 comment:

slee310 said...

Janie, needless to say, it's complicated. I think that we are creatures of habit, and change is uncomfortable.